Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for all Floridians with disabilities through advocacy and awareness activities that increase access to and acquisition of assistive services and technology.
We value each individual’s right to achieve their highest potential and the possibilities that can be realized through collaborative efforts focused on the goal of improving life for Floridians with and without disabilities.
FAAST has worked with thousands of people with and without disabilities throughout the state to provide:
- Hands on assistive technology demonstrations and trainings
- Financing for assistive technology purchases
- Assistive device lending programs
- Community outreach to rural and underserved groups
- Accessible, affordable housing
- Advocacy and education on consumer choice
FAAST is a non-profit organization funded by the US Department of Education through the Assistive Technology Act of 2004, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), and the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.