The mission of the World Institute on Disability (WID) in communities and nations worldwide is to eliminate barriers to full social integration and increase employment, economic security and health care for persons with disabilities. The World Institute on Disability (WID) creates innovative programs and tools; conducts research, public education, training and advocacy campaigns; and provides technical assistance.
The World Institute on Disabilities spearheads initiatives in four main categories: health and wellness, employment and benefits, climate change and disaster prep, and international.
The Values of the World Institute on Disabilities are listed below.
Working toward Equality
The World Institute on Disability aspires to work in a world with cultures where:
- Disability is a natural part of the human condition,
- People with disabilities have equal rights to their own self determination,
- People with disabilities drive public policy issues and priorities,
- Disability is a global issue,
- People with disabilities have the right to make informed choices,
- Information and education promote employment for all,
- People with disabilities have the right to earn a living and live independently,
- Accessible, affordable health care and community supports are essential rights that support employment and well being,
- The disability experience is in the arts, media and wider culture, and
- Information technologies are accessible to all people with disabilities.
Leave A Comment